Skip to content
Community Development Work
- Three youth groups running from Greater Pilton, North Edinburgh.
- One youth group runs from Nelson Hall, South Edinburgh.
- Two visible minority ethnic women’s groups.
- Research on issues that are relevant to the visible minority ethnic community.
Advice and information Work
- Free advocacy, confidential advice and support for minority visible minority ethnic communities experiencing direct or indirect discrimination, racism or harassment.
- Advice and information on welfare benefits, health, education, basic immigration, housing and employment needs, community safety and other issues affecting minority ethnic people’s lives.
- Inter-agency work assisting statutory and voluntary agencies in the development of effective strategies that address the needs of visible minority ethnic communities.
- Collaborative pieces of work that bring minority ethnic and majority communities together.
Capacity Development Work
- Organise and facilitate Capacity Building by strengthening the individual’s capacity in social, political and socio economic arena according to objectives defined by the individuals themselves.
- Building the capacity of smaller minority ethnic voluntary groups/organisations.